Saturday 23 May 2009

OCEAN KISS


“A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.” - Rupert Brooke

Another very full day today, with attendance at a conference in the morning and then the graduation ceremony for our Melbourne Campus in the afternoon. It was all very good, but exhausting. We had dinner after the graduation at “Feddish” in Federation Square. Although the food was good, service was very slow…

For Song Saturday, a very special song sent to me by a very special person, so far away… It is sung by Eleni Peta, with lyrics by Marina Dimitroula and music by Constantine Katomeris.

A Kiss on the Open Seas

How shall I send you my kiss,
So far away without it losing its warmth?
So that it doesn’t drown in the oceans,
So that it doesn’t bleed on the sharp rocks…

If I give it to the birds
I don’t know if it will be delivered,
If the wind carries it
I am afraid it will be lost.

Maybe I shall give it to the silence
Of a sleepless night,
Which will wrap it gently
In the nets of your dreams.

And when in your dream,
I secretly touch your body,
I’ll give you my gift of a kiss
And then I shall be yours…



Φιλί στα Πέλαγα
Τραγούδι – Ελένη Πέτα Στίχοι – Μαρίνα Δημητρούλα. Μουσική – Κωνσταντίνος Κατωμέρης

Πως να σου στείλω ένα φιλί
Τόσο μακριά πριν κρυώσει;
Να μην πνιγεί στα πέλαγα
Στα βράχια μην ματώσει…

Αν θα το δώσω στα πουλιά
Δεν ξέρω πως θα φτάσει,
Κι αν θα το πάρει ο άνεμος
Φοβάμαι μην το χάσει.

Ίσως το δώσω στη σιωπή
Μια νύχτα με αγρύπνια.
Να το τυλίξει απαλά
Στου ονείρου σου τα δίχτυα.

Κι όταν κρυφά μες στο όνειρο
Αγγίξω το κορμί σου,
Θα σου χαρίσω το φιλί
Και θα γενώ δική σου.

No comments:

Post a Comment