Friday 2 March 2012

MOONLIGHT



“When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator” - Mahatma Gandhi
We’ve had autumnal weather today. Cool temperatures and almost non-stop rain. Just the sort of day to stay in, snuggle up and have a pleasant relaxing time, reading, listening to music, watching a movie and otherwise not doing much at all. A lovely restful day that will continue well into the evening. So what better introduction to a little Saturday Serenity?

Here is Claude Debussy’s “Clair De Lune” from his “Suite Bergamasque” transcribed for orchestra by Leopold Stokowski. It is a deleted segment from Walt Disney’s 1940 film “Fantasia”. Directed by Sam Armstrong performed by Leopold Stokowski and the Philadelphia Orchestra produced by Walt Disney. What a shame this wonderful sequence was deleted from the final version of the movie because it would make the film too long!

This post is part of the Saturday Sareenity meme.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo and music.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's a day that I don't admire the moon and that when watching at it doesn't make me so happy, is that something is really wrong with me.
    I just happen to love the moon! :)

    Beautiful photo and I like to song too.

    Regards from Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love moon-gazing. Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete